Last year we collected 55 posts for "The Best of the Math Teacher Blogs 2015" via tweets and submissions to create a book of posts from 2015 (11 stories, 11 tasks, 9 teacher learning reports, 24 thoughts about teaching). We raised $897 which will be donated to TMC.
This year we have 36 submissions so far. We hope to get more from David's #bestofMTBoS2016. It's not too late for you to submit your favorite post you read or wrote in 2016. Submission form here!
However, one of my new years resolutions is to ask for help. I have a bad habit of getting excited for things and then signing myself up for more than I can handle. So, in order to make this work we'd love some help. If anyone is able to volunteer to do any of these tasks please leave a comment!
- merging spreadsheets for submissions and permissions
- cross referencing hashtag(s) with the spreadsheet
- cross referencing Michael's post with the spreadsheet
- organizing posts into balanced chapters
- moving information into pressbooks
- editing html (match formatting, resize images)
- editing text (light editing for length)
- cover design
- deciding how best to use the funds (the initial plan was to support teachers in attending TMC but we haven't figured out the details)